Thursday, June 17, 2010

In Search of Reading Material

I’ve been seeking books and other reading material on mindfulness, consciousness, and enlightened thinking in relationships. While I do believe that wholly embracing Buddhist philosophy will naturally make our intimate relationships better, I also think that as I am still a novice student of Buddhism, I need a little guidance on the path of bringing mindful thinking to my relationships (or potential relationships). Though I accept that my growth here will consist mainly of experience and consequential course correction, I would like to find some appropriate material to give me some grounding, and I’ve found this material hard to come by. There’s obviously a lot of reading material on relationships, but a great deal of it leaves much to be desired. However, there are a few books that do cover this topic. I was lucky enough to find one in my local library, entitled “How to Be an Adult in Relationships: The Five Keys to Mindful Loving” by David Richo. I’ve already begun reading it, and though I’m not very deep in yet, I believe it will be an important book in my own way of looking at love with mindful eyes. In my next few posts, I’ll report any “aha” moments and give my recommendation as to whether the text is helpful once I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment