Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Root Chakra is Critical

This chakra, also known as the muladhara chakra, can be found at the base of the spine. When instructed to focus on it, the area on the body it is typically associated with is the perineum. It is associated with security and safety, and sexuality in men.

Is your root chakra over-active, blocked, or open? How can you tell? Well,if it's over-active you are likely to be very materialistic and obsessed with acquiring things. If it's blocked, you may not feel as if you belong anywhere, like there are very few places where you feel safe. People with open root chakras feel settled in their own skin, grounded to the earth, and have a healthy (though not obsessive) relationship with material things.

How does the root chakra affect our relationships? Since the root chakra is our foundation, so to speak, its state will affect the effectiveness of our higher chakras, even if they are open. There are other chakras that deal with love and sexuality, but if our root chakra is not stable we are likely to be hampered in expressing our feelings because we are still struggling with feeling secure at our most basic level. We may either be ruled by our sexual impulses or we may avoid being sexual because we don't feel connected to our own bodies. In either case, we are not available for true intimacy.

When I tested myself, my root chakra was underactive, and actually by quite a bit. I've always felt like I'm in my own world, and sometimes I feel nervous about doing the most mundane things. I'm sure I give off an aura of insecurity to other people because of it. I guess it's time I grounded myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment